Seminar on Contract Law for Creators - 26-28 May 2004, Bangkok
ECAP II together with Department of Intellectual Property and the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court jointly hosted this three day-event that took a comprehensive look at ?Contract Law for Creators? and ?Copyright on the Internet.? Over 120 participants who are creators, users of copyrighted work, lawyers and officials from various state agencies attended a series of sessions on the European and German approach to copyright by two distinguished experts: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Loewenheim from the University of Frankfurt and Dr. Martin Vogel from the European Patent Office in Munich. A number of local speakers have been invited to present their views and experiences.
?An event such as this one helps raise awareness, in particular among the creators of copyrighted works, and contributes to the improvement of copyright system in Thailand,? noted Chief Justice Phattarasak Vannasaeng of the Central Intellectual Property and International Court during the opening ceremony. DIP Deputy Director General Suraphol Jaovisidha pointed out in addition that ?the holding of this seminar is very timely and topical. Copyright on the internet, for instance, is an issue new yet important to Thailand.?
Participants expressed appreciation at the knowledge about legal perspectives of copyright-related issues in Europe and Germany presented at the forum by Prof. Loewenheim and Dr. Vogel, as well as Thailand perspective offered by a variety of local speakers. ?The most important aspects I have learnt during the seminar are unfair contracts, and copyright on the internet,? said composer Sompoj Singsuwan. Another participant Ms. Roong-arun Wisawapha wrote that she learnt several new and useful aspects about copyright that can be applied to her future work. ?As the copyright law in Thailand does not address all cases adequately, opening ourselves up to foreign perspectives for comparative study will be very useful in helping us improve the system,? she commented.
Click here to download documents from ECAP II ?Seminar on Contract Law for Creators.?
-By Professor Dr.Ulrich Loewenheim:
- Basic Features of German and European Copyright Law
- Assignment and Licensing of Copyright in Europe
- Drafting and Design of Contracts, Model and Standard Terms Contracts
- Model Author?s Agreement
- Copyright on the Internet: European and German Law
- Liability of Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
--By Dr. Martin Vogel:
- ?Right of Performing Artists? and Digital Right Management
--By Judge Jumpol Pinyosinwat, Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court:
- ?Collective Management of Copyright and Licensing for Collective Management of Copyright?
--By Supatchara Distabanjong, Chief Advisor, Music Copyright (Thailand) Ltd.
- ?Key Success Factors For Composers?Copyright Collective Management Regime in Asian Countries?
- ?Implementing Copyright Collective Administration :Thailand?s Case.?
-By Ngarmpun Vejjajiva,Silkroad Publishing Agency
- ?Copyright Licensing in Thailand: The Law and Contract for Creators? (in Thai)
Back to list of activities of Thailand